Colin M. Kelley
26 Liberty St.
Bath, Maine 04530
Digital Media Specialist for Post Production
Bates College – Lewiston, Maine (January 2006 to present)
Multiple roles in a liberal arts college setting:
- PRODUCER: Works with various departments, both Administrative and Academic to develop and execute meaningful, creative videos and multimedia presentations that support the college mission and ideals. Hires outside vendors to assist as necessary. Successful projects have included a time-lapse showing the renovation of Garcelon Field, video appeals for Advancement, Commencement coverage and a series of mini-documentaries about staff retirees.
- TRAINER: Lead workshops and provide in class support for Final Cut Studio, ProTools and video and audio field recording. Work with faculty to incorporate media production into the curriculum. In 2010-2011 worked with the Communications Office to pilot ‘Bates Insight’, a program designed to train Bates students in digital storytelling while adding fresh, relevant video content to Bates.edu.
- MANAGER: Oversaw renovations and continue to manage access, training and regular maintenance for professional video edit suites.
- ADMINISTRATOR: Manage over 43 TB of multimedia assets and related permissions through XSAN and Final Cut Server based asset management system. Work with Communications and Academic offices to develop sustainable work flows and archive solutions.
560 WGAN-AM – Portland, Maine (August 2005 to December 2010)
- Worked all aspects of local news operation from anchor desk to live talk show production.
- Political reporting highlights include: 2006 Woodcock Gubernatorial campaign (AP & MAB Awards Team Coverage), 2007 Alfred, Maine murder investigation (appeared live on Fox News to discuss), 2008 Collins Senate Race (reports picked up by CBS News), 2009 Gay Marriage referendum, 2010 Mitchell for Governor campaign.
- Have reported on every major weather event between ’05 and ’10 including the 2007 Patriot’s Day Storm (AP and MAB awards for team coverage).
- Appeared on and reported for Fox’s ‘Greta Van Susteren” during a 2007 missing person/murder investigation in Alfred, Maine.
Mid-day Radio Host
98.9 WCLZ-FM – Portland, Maine (October 2007 to March 2009)
- Hosted daily weekday (10am to 2pm) radio program on an eclectic music radio station. Mixed in-studio performances and other live events. Contributed to music programming decisions. Filled-in for live morning program and weekend acoustic sets.
- Also subbed/hosted overnight slots on sister stations WMGX-FM (Coast 93.1) and WYNZ-FM Big Hits Y100.9.
Assistant Program Director
WKPQ-FM/WHHO-AM (January 2002 to May 2004)
Hosted live on-air programming, reconciled traffic and music logs, produced, wrote and voiced advertising.
89.7 WALF-FM (February 2001 to May 2004)
In 2003 and 2004, the Princeton review recognized WALF as one of the Top 20 College Stations in the US. It was a first in the station’s 30 year history.
Maine Media Workshops (July 2011)
Four Week Documentary Film School
Bachelor of Arts, Alfred University (May 2004)
Major: Communication Studies — Minor: English
Future Media Concepts, Boston/NYC
Completed courses: Final Cut Pro, Motion, Flash, ProTools, Final Cut Server
Apple Certified Pro: Final Cut Pro 7 (Level 1)
VIDEO: Final Cut Pro, Motion, Compressor, Handbrake, MPEG Streamclip, VisualHUB, DVDStudio Pro
AUDIO: ProTools, Audition, Logic
GRAPHICS: Adobe CS5 (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) WEB: WordPress, HTML, CSS, Drupal
IT: OSX Server, Final Cut Server, XSAN
“Making Radio on the Cheap: How to tell great stories without breaking the bank.”
Great Northeast Radio Rally, WMPG and Blunt: Youth Radio Project (January 3, 2011)
“Asset Management in Academics with XSAN and Final Cut Server”
Academic Video Production, NERCOMP Special Interest Group Workshop (June 7, 2010)
- As a field reporter 1st Place Election Night Team Coverage (2007, 2008, 2009) Maine Association of Broadcasters Awards.
- As a field reporter 1st Place Election Night Team Coverage (2007, 2008, 2009) Associated Press Awards